Friday, January 12, 2007

Welcome 2007!

Okay, so here it is 2007. I resolve to try and remember to post in my blogger blog at least once a week. lol So far it's the second week of January, and this is my first post this month. *sigh*

So our kitchen finally got finished. Mike only needs to paint the walls. He was supposed to have all the time in the world when he quit his job in December, but alas, he has found another job already and is back working during the days. lol

My daycare grew by two in one day. I now have four year old twin boys in the house in the mornings. Thank goodness they go to school in the afternoon because they are VERRRRRRRYYYYYYYYY active. Not very good listeners either. So we'll see how my patience level holds up!

I haven't eaten anything vaguely resembling a sweet in 10 days. No cookies, cake, ice cream, doughnuts, chocolate, pie, brownies, NOTHING for ten days. This is practice for Lent. Just for January. So far, I've been having some cravings, but nothing that I couldn't suppress with some Crystal Light. @@ I have my mom's spice cookies waiting for me in the freezer. The odd thing is though is that I haven't lost any weight. I thought for sure that my sweet tooth is what was keeping my weight up. Guess I was wrong. Oh well. That isn't what this little experiment was for.

I need a date night. Mike and I haven't gone out together just us since summer sometime. I feel the need to reconnect with him. Not that we haven't been close, but some time away from home with just us sounds heavenly at this point.

Now on to the part of the day that I hate.............to find something to eat for supper. Ugh. I hate cooking. Simply hate it.

1 comment:

Kataroo said...

Great job on the sugar!!!! That's a tough one!!