Monday, February 19, 2007

*insert sigh of relief here*

Well, two weeks is now only five days. Friday is D'Day for the release of two boys who just wear me out to no end. Oddly enough, only one is here today, and he is getting along with J just swimmingly.

Do you know what this means?? This means that the PD day on Monday I will only have six kids. And the VAN!! I'm going somewhere!! I don't know where, but somewhere. I am not dreading this day anymore. :o)

Yesterday I was able to get a few hours of time with Brianna. We dropped Jonathan off at a birthday party at the movie theatre, then we drove off to Michaels and Scrapbooking Cafe and Chapters. I had money left on my gift card that I got for Christmas and bought books for everyone in the family. Aren't I nice?? lol We also stopped in at Starbucks and had hot chocolate and treats. Just the two of us. It was very nice. It's hard to come by only time with your kids when you have three of them. I mean, Mikayla and I have every afternoon together, but usually she's sleeping. But that's okay. However, finding alone time with Jonathan and Brianna is harder since they are in school all day. So it was a very nice afternoon.

I'm semi-considering applying for part time work at Starbucks. They are hiring baristas. Since it is open until 10 at night, it's an extra hour of where I could work. And since I don't drink coffee, I wouldn't be drinking my profits! lol Will update when I have thought about this more.

This week Lent starts. That means my treats drought starts again on Wednesday. I'm also cutting out the salty snacks as well. For forty days. This bag of Oreos that we have in the cupboard will just have to be gone by Tuesday night. It will not do to have them in the house. lol I have already shared them with the kids though, so it won't be hard.

Tuesday is also Pancake Tuesday (Shrove Tuesday). I like it because I always know what to make for supper. lol That whole *what to make for supper* thing is just gone from my thoughts. And I like it. Not only because I love pancakes, but I like having a set day when it's really *okay* to make them for supper. hehehehe

Tonight is parent's night in the pool for the girls' swimming lessons. Mike is going in with Mikayla and I'm going in with Brianna. Should be fun. Although, it will probably take longer for us to get ready to leave though. lol I usually only have to put my coat and boots on. Oh well. We'll be fine. Hope it warms up a bit though. ;o)

I should be off to do laundry. Monday minus one boy and no Mikayla this afternoon (she's staying at my dad's) means I can get lots accomplished! Yay me!

2 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

It's FRIDAY! it's "the" day! How do you feel?

momma2jbsm said...

Wooooohoooooooo!! I made it out alive!! And, so did they! lol :o)